Friday 20 November 2009

Stencil Tile

Happy Friday, stampers! Today's project is decorative tile. I used the stencil Kind Thoughts Brocade (S) found on p.29 from the Definitely Decorative brochure for the design on the tile. If you've never use stencil before you gotta try it out. It is actually a very easy and fun product to use.

Others use stencil paste to do the stencil design but I can't find it here in Canada. I use the paste called Poly filla . It is a filler for filling holes in your walls. You can find this product at any hardware store. I bought mine at Home Depot.

It took half a day for the paste to dry cause my house is so humid. I'm sure it dry faster than that. After it drys I sponged Chocolate Chip and Bashful Blue inks to the design. Then added glitter to the design. Isn't this tile beautiful? The hard part is find really nice tiles. I don't like it when there are so many holes in them.

Thank you for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Supplies:
stamp- Fresh Cuts
papers- kraft, whisper white
ink- chocolate chip, bashful blue
accessories- tile, Kind Thoughts Brocade stencil, Poly filla paste, Dazzling Diamonds, 1" double-stitched grosgrain ribbon, rhinestone brad, jumbo brad, linen thread, sponge

Happy Stamping!
Deanna

4 comments:

Barbara H. said...

That is gorgeous. I had not heard of these. It's neat to know of because I have seen tiles on sale in stores but not on a design or shade I like. It's great to know I can do one with one of my stencils! I'll have to get more info. on how to do it.

Rita said...

Beautiful creation Deanna & I luv what you did with the stencil. Such a unique tile!

helen said...

This is the best one I've seen. I will have to give it a try. The Poly filla is that another word for JoinCompound?

JustNeedling said...

Hi Helen,
I'm not sure what JoinCompound is. The Poly filla is a Canadian name for the compound I guess? It might be the same thing. It is a patching compound for repairing surface damage to interior walls made of drywall, plaster, wallboard and wood. Hope this helps.

Deanna