Wednesday 8 August 2012

Vintage Christmas Ornament

Good day! Hope you are having a wonderful day! This summer seems to be busy for me. I'm hardly at home. I finally have the chance to create something.

I was so excited when Stampin'Up!  sent me the Holiday Mini Catalogue. I love the ornament on the cover so I ordered the Ornament Keepsakes Bundle that have the stamp set and the framelits when it was available to order.



I case the ornament on the cover of the catalogue. I did mine in kraft colour. I added the Scalloped Tulle Ribbon to the ornament. The rosette in the middle was made with satin ribbon and the tutorial can be found here. To make the ornament look pretty I added a pearl in the middle.

I'm going to make lots of these as Christmas gifts and maybe sell them too.

Thank you for stopping by!

"Thou art near, O Lord; and all thy commandments are truth."
Psalm 119:151

Deanna

10 comments:

omathgoddess said...

This is just lovely! What a nice twist!

Sharri C said...

Love this! I have some pieces stamped ans cut on Crumb cake as well but in different colors. Great minds think alike!

Terry said...

Your ornament is gorgeous. I'm now following your blog and hope you'll follow mine at http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com.

Thanks!

Terry

Unknown said...

That is such a beautiful ornament. is there directions for the ornament itself? if so, how can I get them? Thanks so much for sharing

laurie said...

wow thtas beutiful

Rita said...

Love the vintage look on this ornament Deanna....it's breathtaking! Soooo beautiful!

Teresa said...

Stunning. What colours of ink and paper did you use?

JustNeedling said...

I used crumb cake and chocolate chip card stock and ink.

Unknown said...

This is one of the best ornaments I have seen!! Beautiful and very vintage!! I will be featuring this ornament on My Crafty Picks #78 with a link back to your blog on 9-30-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Have a great day!!
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Teresa said...

To me this doesn't look Christmas-y. It looks like something you can hang on a door knob for a Victorian look at any time.
Thanks for the colour info.