Wednesday 21 September 2011

Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge #221 and SUO Challenge 28, Fall Colors

                                                           

Here a Sketch Challenge #221 over at Stamping 411. My first time joining in on the fun.
I'm also joining in on the SUO Challenge 28. This is also my first time joining the challenge at this site. Hope this is ok to post 1 card for 2 different places.


I love the fall season so here is a card I made using the French Foliage stamp set again. I did the Faux Tearing Technique for the background. I tore a piece of scrap paper, put on the white card stock and then stamp away. I sponge the edges before I take the paper off. This technique makes nice background paper to match the colours you need for your creations.

Thank you for stopping by!

Happy Stamping!
Deanna

11 comments:

Tammy Fite said...

Beautiful card!! Fall cards are my favorite!! Love the faux tearing!!

Jen Timko said...

This is just wonderful! Lovely fall colors and a great use of the sketch. I'm so glad you joined us at SUO Challenges and look forward to seeing you again! (Side note: There was a blog issue and we would love to have you post this card again...sorry for the trouble!)

Mary Brown said...

You faux tearing is just DELIGHTFUL! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us on SUO Challenges!

Denise Willerton said...

what a beautiful card ~ love the colors and sketch ~ TFS and have a great day :-)

gbarron56 said...

Such a beautiful card -- love that you used the faux tearing technique -- one of my favorites! Great use of this week's sketch. Thanks so much for playing along at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Heidi Baks said...

I love this collage look on the left with the clean look on the right. Very different! And it "pears" great together with the main image - heehee! :) Thanks for playing with us at SUO Challenges.

Karen Barber said...

Wow- BEAUTIFUL, and those sets are perfect for eachother! ;)

Selene Kempton said...

Well all I can say is I hope you continue to play... WOW! Your card is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with stamping411 this week.

Patti Chesky said...

What a beautiful touch of autumn you've created. Love that faux torn look!

Unknown said...

beautiful!! I never thought to use these sets together!!

Michelle Laycock said...

I love how you combined these two stamp sets!